I'm an obsessive reader, probably close to 1 book per week. One I recently finished was 'The Art of the Deal' by Donald J. Trump. Trump is a Billionaire Real Estate Tycoon & the 2016 Republican Presidential Presumptive Nominee. With achievements like this, he clearly knows a thing or 2 about success. So here's 5 things I picked up from his best-seller...
- The day of a Billionaire is fairly simple. Every single day Donald commits to making 100+ phone calls & has numerous quick meetings in between. For the most part that's pretty much it. Being a good leader is all about communicating your vision to your employees & motivating them to do the work that it takes to reach this goal. This is one of Trumps golden rules.
- Use the media to make yourself, your products & your business famous. Donald is a true master at this. Just turn on the news & he will be the story 90% of the time... it's incredibly impressive.
- If you're going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big. I think this one speaks for itself. Do you wanna make apps for Apple? or do you wanna be the CEO of Apple?
- No drugs, no alcohol, no cigarettes. This rule is definitely not followed by most people & I guess it's a good idea in theory. If you're seriously competitive then I'd imagine following this strategy would give you an advantage in the long run.
- If you don't win, then it was all a waste of time. Enough talking about how you 'learnt from the experience', that's great & all, but wouldn't you rather have just won? I know I would have preferred to have done so personally.
I hope this brought you some value, but in all honesty, I actually write these kind of blogs for myself to begin with. By going over a few of the books golden rules, it helps me remember the content, so that I can apply it to my own life more. Although if you did enjoy the read & want more like this, then you can always follow me on twitter for updates on when I post these kind of blogs.
- Alfie G. Whattam